Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

paper cranes & late afternoon light

Over Christmas break I got really crafty. It may or may not have something to do with the fact that I also made a Pinterest at the same time...

Anyway, I literally was not able to sleep some nights because of all the creative ideas floating through my mind. I was going to redecorate my not-even-nicely-decorated-in-the-first-place dorm room.

I felt like a little kid playing pretend. Except instead of pretending to be firefighter or a mommy, I was pretending to be an interior designer.

Once I had the plan all straight in my head, I headed out to Michael's and JoAnn's to pick up my weapons. Scrapbook paper, twine, & mini clothes pins. [If you ever need to buy twine, go JoAnn's. It's like five bucks cheaper. No lie.]

Then over the next week I began creating. Except of course I couldn't be anti-social during this jolly time of year, so I simply folded paper into cute little cranes while playing Ticket to Ride... at least once a day, and my brother's own homemade version too.

I've always heard that the best light for pictures is an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset. Well, I decided I wanted to test that out myself and do a little photoshoot with my little birdy friends.

And it's completely, 100% true. I LOVED that lighting.

I've been meaning to put the photos up for a long time. I'm not quite sure why I haven't.

I think it may be that I got Photoshop Elements for Christmas and I almost feel guilty for not editing the pictures. But I'm a college student and don't have that much time... especially when Pinterest is calling my name....

So here they are. Completely unedited and shot completely on auto mode.

I'm still a complete beginner at this whole photography thing.

But I really do love those cute little cranes :)








































No comments:

Post a Comment