Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

christmas tree farm

So now that it's officially Christmas season (if it were up to me, it would be Christmas all year round), my family headed over to the Christmas tree farm to tag our tree. This is one of my favorite traditions.



I love running between all the trees, shouting for the rest of the family to come and admire the good one I just found, joining hands around the prickly trees to make sure they're not tooo wide, seeing who can balance the best on the stumps left behind from trees gone home with happy families, my dad reaching his hand up to make sure the tree will fit in the house, the sadness when almost every one I pick is too tall (someday I'm going to have a house that can fit the biggest Christmas tree I can find),
remembering the tag numbers of our favorites, the long debates over each tree deemed worthy of inspection, watching the tree get sawed down, hoping it won't fall off the roof of our van on the way home, and counting all the houses with Christmas lights we see.


Normally we don't get our tree until closer to Christmas, but this year, since I'm home on break and the weather was be-a-u-tiful, we tagged our tree and then when I get home for Christmas it will be standing tall and proud in the living room. It felt kind of weird not wearing 5 layers and gloves and a hat & scarf, but I'm not complaining ;)


Oh, I just love Christmas :)




















My brother tried his hand at taking pictures... not bad :)
 

Christmas socks are my favorite :)
 






1 comment:

  1. love the pictures of you and eric :) and your moccasins! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete