Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

turkey day


I've heard that nothing says Thanksgiving like a little football, and this year my church hosted a flag football game.
I love my church :)

Now here's a confession: I've only played football once in my entire life. Yup. Once. And that was in eighth grade in Kansas at the National Science Olympiad competition. My little brother's taught me to throw and run a few plays in our backyard, but I was too chicken to try it out this morning. So instead I grabbed my camera and took some shots.

And I discovered I actually kinda like sports photography. Especially when the lighting's as beautiful as it was this morning :)

After the game, I smiled unconsciously when I walked in the front door... the turkey smelled SO GOOD. My aunt and uncle came from MD and my grandpa joined us too. We ate, and we ate... and we ate. We always have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli casserole, & squash. Yum. Let's just say my food baby was so big I could've easily been 5 months pregnant. ;)

While we let dinner make room in our tummies for pie, my uncle, dad and brother played football outside and, for an hour, my 80-something year old grandpa told me all about the month long cruise to Europe he just got back from.

Then finally -- pie time!! Apple & pumpkin :) And eventually a family game of Take-Off... Dad won. Now my sister Jennifer is playing the piano, my brother's checking his fantasy football, and Mom & Dad are on the phone with my oldest sister, Anne, while they wash dishes and clean up the kitchen. In a few minutes, the TV will be turning back on and we'll all watch Horton Hears a Who -- because it's one of those rare times when there's a movie on since we don't have cable -- and I'll probably fall asleep ;)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker." Psalm 95:1-6 
 
  

 
 
 
 
[My mom's stuffing is my absolute favorite!]
 
Welcome to my family. Instead of explaining how a room is set up, we draw it out. On a white board. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment